St Johns Wood House ca 1930

St Photo of Johns Wood House ca 1930

'St John's Wood House' or 'Granite House' ca 1930
(image straightened and enhanced)

'In 1864, Daniel Rowntree Somerset bought land in what is now West Ashgrove and St Johns Wood and built a U-shaped home of local granite with an unroofed courtyard. He named it St John's Wood.'
Excerpt from 'Ashgrove 150 Plaques, Enoggera Creek Bikeway, Ashgrove Sportsground.'